Friday, August 20, 2010

Stick With Your Primary Business

It wasn't long ago I wrote a blog post about being loyal to one company. I am pretty sure I ranted a little bit about joining too many opportunities. I still believe this to be true. You need to find a PRIMARY BUSINESS and stick with it.

But since that post, I have learned a lot about Internet marketing. I learn more and more each day. I now believe it is very possible to be affiliated with more than one business. I am not talking about the usual affiliate marketing. If you are marketing on-line, you are more than likely doing some affiliate marketing yourself. It seems affiliate marketing is just the natural progression of becoming an Internet marketer. It is only natural that you will promote programs you use personally, especially if the company will pay you to do it.

What I am talking about is promoting more than one program. There is so much open space out here in Internet Land. There are tons and tons of people looking for an opportunity which will fit them. What appeals to one may not appeal to another. That is just normal. So, how do you decide what to promote and when? I am still a avid believer in having a Primary Business. No matter what else you may decide to do to earn some extra money, you need to have a Primary Business. Everything else you do should lead your prospects to your Primary Business in one way or another.

I am not saying go out and join every single program you see advertised. That will take your credibility level down low. But, if you find something besides your Primary Business which you think is a good fit for you, then make the decision which is best for you. This doesn't mean abandon your other business. As a matter of fact, if you work it correctly, this should help build your Primary Business. By building relationships in more than one area, you should be able to build your businesses, as well.

So, over the last few months, I have learned to keep an open mind. Look a little deeper. Investigate before taking action. And, try to work with the best in your field. All of these things may lead you on a path you didn't expect, like starting a new business endeavor. In the long run, stay focused on your primary goals and your primary business.

No comments:

Post a Comment