Friday, March 5, 2010

Branding Yourself

You here it over and over. BRAND YOURSELF. This is the one element of success all the "gurus" seem to agree upon. For some of us, it takes a while to understand this point. I was a little slow myself understanding what this truly means. Finally, I think I get it. So since I didn't truly understand the concept, I am sure there are others out there who are like me. So, today I want to talk about BRANDING.

The first thing you have to know is you can't be shy. Get yourself a camera and take a nice photo of yourself. Make sure you like it because you are going to use it everywhere. Some people, like me, don't really want to put a photo of themselves on their account. You will see their kids, their dog, their cat, their car but people want to see YOU. I compromised, I am using a photo of me and my kids. (for now)

The second thing you have to do is put all your accounts in the same User Name. This was a mistake I have yet to correct everywhere. Now I am using Catherine D. White. At first I was just making up different names for each account: CDWhite, Cathy White, etc. All me but this can cause confusion with your followers. Pick the one name you want to be known by and stick with it everywhere. Luckily some sites now let you change your user name.

Start your social BRANDING by getting accounts at all the major social networks. Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Google, Peoplestring, Linkedin and more. You have to get your face out there to get your business opportunity exposed.

I recently found a traffic exchange site that is combining Social Integration with Traffic Exchange. I was amazed at how easy it was to use the program. This gives you the contact information at your fingertips. What a great concept developed by John Guanzon at Thumbvu.
Now you can actually meet the people whose ads your are clicking. This site just gives you another opportunity to Brand Yourself.

The bottom line is this: Get your name and your picture out there on as many web pages as humanly possible. Then watch yourself rise in the google rankings. Which reminds me, have you googled yourself yet? If you are not in the top 10, you have not been branding yourself. If you need more tips, contact me at catherinedwhite@peoplestring.com I will be glad to help.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Catherine! Thank you for the mention and happy to see you are enjoying thumbvu. Members like you are what makes it work!

    ReplyDelete