Friday, February 12, 2010

Social Networks Dominate Top 10

Social Media sites are growing at an unprecedented rate. The top 10 companies today, according to Alexa.com are as follows: 1. google.com, 2. facebook.com, 3. yahoo.com, 4. youtube.com, 5. live.com, 6. wikipedia.com, 7. blogger.com, 8. baidu.com, 9. msn.com, & 10. qq.com. It is amazing to me that 7 of the top 10 sites are social networks. The list is growing even stronger day by day. Although, the one time giant, Myspace as fallen to number 17 there are several new companies rising to the top.
The release of Google Buzz has everyone talking, blogging, posting and tweeting. The reviews are mixed, so far, as with any new media. LinkedIN has been climbing the ranks and has broken into the top 20. It has a more business like feel but is still used for networking. Friendster was hot when it busted onto the scene but has been dropping steadily over the last few months. Their current rank today was 213. Then there is a young company called Peoplestring. This company just turned 1 year old on February 7th. They are rising in popularity at an alarming rate. Their current rank is 1116 which has rosin over 2700 point in the last 3 months.
So what will make you a loyal member of any social network site? Of course, it is a pain to start over at any new site. You have to upload your favorite pictures and import all your contacts. It's kind of like moving, it's never enjoyable but always worth it once you get there.
For me, I am being drawn to Peoplestring. Surprised? I was too. I have joined all the popular social networks but I end up spending most of my time at Peoplestring. Why? Because they pay me. Yup, you read that right. Peoplestring is paying its members. You know all the advertisements you see at the side of the pages. Those advertisers pay to be there. The big companies are moving their ad money online where the people are hanging out. Peoplestring is sharing 70% of that ad revenue with its members. So, If I can hang out and chat, email, shop, google, and get paid from a site, you are darn right, I am there. Why wouldn't anyone want to get paid for doing what we all do everyday anyway. To me, it's a "no brainer."
So, check out the new sites, the latest buzz, or the next big thing and then come hang out with me on Peoplestring. We can get paid together.

No comments:

Post a Comment